Skip to main content

On: Falling in LOVE


Dear You,

I woke up, wiped my puffy eyes and I saw you fixing your tie in the mirror. This feeling of pure devotion came over me; I began to cry. You came over and said, “don’t be silly, it’s alright” … I think you assumed my tears were because I was leaving, in less than 24-hours, I would be on my way across an ocean and the 'long-distance' part of most love stories gets a very bad reputation.


As tears delicately dropped from my chin, my mind was racing, but I was more than alright, I was feeling secure and empowered by our love story. This exact moment was one I had ached to know and suddenly it had materialized in front of me. I was wholly overwhelmed; I was massively in love, but also it was the safety and sureness that made me cry.

Loving when you’re ready to love is so inspired. because that love creeps into every breath and every cell that you are. That kind of love makes you feel like a super hero in conquer mode.  And today I sat inside that truth. I gave in, recognized it and allowed myself permission to cry for it, I was “…living to the point of tears…”. That’s who I am.                                  
You should know that you are a brilliant man. You care for me and tend to me and make me feel calm. you indulge my senses and harbor my pain. You make me better.

What’s more is that all those tiny bits across my entire young life that were spent heartbroken or stuck in the reality of any type of loneliness -- well those bits, have all been erased -- written over. What Joy? You are my reminder. I am so grateful.

Falling in love with you has been without equal. It is has been guilt-free whip cream topping. It has been like a cool breeze on a hot day; a day when the air is thick and it presses on your shoulders like only the invisible vapor of humidity can. I am safe now and I know your intentions are wholesome....as wholesome as the snowflakes that begin to fall just as I prayed for them. For me, you are the scene in a movie when your skin gets cold.


I have these moments, thank god for my moments. I happen to wake up while all of my dreams are still there with me. They are gently wafting around my head and I feel an intense awareness; they call it emotion. Emotion is her affliction they say, but for me, it’s one of the great gifts of humanity. I like feeling, I will never quit. I will use this affliction to make a difference and do good!

This morning, I was simply trying to say something sweet and unrehearsed while my mind was translating those dreams.   So instead of movie screen grace, you got sloppy American syrup and mascara on the white pillow cases.You got me, you get me, and I get you, how lucky can one girl be?


I love you to the moon and back,
     <3 Her  





Comments

Most Popular

On: Cheesegate

On: President Donald Trump

On: Grieving, to Gabriel

On: Rx: Self-help

On: Motherhood

Save $$$ on greeting cards, make your own!

On: Reinventing yourself

On: Question TWO