Skip to main content

South of the border

(April 3, 2013) I made it to Mexico, am safe, am thrilled; continued coverage coming soon!

(April 25, 2013) I have been enjoying Mexico now for 25-days, but unfortunately the illusive 'Montazuma' and coupled revenge found me and thus I found my bed, so that was a setback on the everything front. I also hope that for some of my trip I can ditch the bread and rice diet.

... (after this no more excuses) it has been a bit of a struggle finding internet with some strength and with an uninterrupted connection, but I am sticking to my promise of publishing a post about Puebla.

Please know, that I choose to see the glamour around me; I choose to wonder fantastically. I've
always wanted to be a storyteller and this once unidentifiable urge has driven me to pursue an education in journalism and a career as a theatrical performer, but moreover, I want to be exposed to new things and places without judgment or categories or comparison but instead with awe and a naïve imagination. I love to travel. I think with each new place and way to live, I learn things about myself.

Puebla the city I have seen in 25-days is rich in historical treasures and there are beautiful yet tattered sights with every glance. There are fountains and statues and arrogant cathedrals.

I would assume to see it all everyday on a regular commute would be less than stimulating; But for me, there's romance in the newness of  fresh experiences, the world you take in is
suddenly authentic and visceral. From the bus windows, I see the auto shops with their metal barring or the graffiti art and vine-covered stone buildings, those things ignite my imagination; in my mind I try to see them as fresh, new and proud. Having lived in Arizona for most of last year a place with a history of only 100-years I like that this city shows it's history. I see beauty and strength in its age.

Today is beautiful, the clouds took about 2-hours to break and the church bells are echoing just outside my 5-floor window. I will be keeping a collection of thoughts and photos offline and when I can organize everything and post it, I will!

...to be continued

Comments

Most Popular

On: President Donald Trump

On: Cheesegate

On: Grieving, to Gabriel

Photo book #2

On: Motherhood

On: Reinventing yourself

On: 21 questions

On: Rx: Self-help